WELCOME!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Best Customer Experience In Singapore

LOL... These few days I have been experiencing "best of best" customer experience in Singapore. LOL....

(1) KFC staff took 20 minutes to take my order.
Chinatown KFC. LOL... Went with weida and pengyong on Tuesday. Wanted to order 3 sets of KFC meal.

One set of Zinger Meal, change coleslaw to cheese fries, upsize to Medium. One set of 3 piece chicken, change mashed potatoes to cheese fries and one set of Cheesy BBQ Meltz Meal, mashed potato changed to cheese fries. Understand was quite confusing.

I ordered slowly, one by one... and u know wad? She screw it up and i was overcharged for ordering one more medium drink and had to ask for a refund. Thankfully I asked for a receipt for me to refer to as the bill came up to almost $28 for 3 meals, which is quite unlikely.

20 mins service and before tat the queue stucked 10 mins with a teenager arguing with the staff over getting overcharged.


(2) DBS Bank took 1 hr 45 mins to serve me!
Went to the bank at Woodlands at 3:15pm yesterday. Wanted to withdraw $50 from the bank as it is so worthless to keep that $50 in an account that only earns me 0.25% per annum interest.

Had $550 inside then and wanted just to keep the minimum amount balance for fear I may need apply part time job that need this stupid bank's account for pay credit. Almost had not touch this account for 2 years, except for maintaining it at $500 since I turn 21 years old if not $24 deduction per year. =X Wanted to update the passbook and the machine said my passbook is spoilt.


Feeling irritated, I approach customer service counter to terminate the account. At 3:25pm a Relationship Manager standing around and seeing the long queue at the customer service decided to help. Then I realise I in wrong queue. Have to queue the long queue to get served. There were 20 people! OMG! I entered the queue at 3:25pm. 10 mins later i only moved 5 steps away from where I was standing.


30 mins later, I realised there is only one counter serving customers withdrawing / collecting money and closing of accounts. Two counters reserved for corporate account, one for treasury banking and one for foreign currency. =X By then it was to late for me to drop out of the queue. =X I couldnt possibility bear waiting 40 mins for nothing!




The customers all looked frustrated and angry, with a pregnant woman in front of me stomping her legs on the floor constantly while one uncle who clearly knew how DBS works, brought a radio to listen to his oldie songs and blasted along the queue. =X

The staff all looked sad and restless with not much motivation, probably due to the cutting of 900 jobs coming up. End of the month they may just lose their jobs. Service was extremely slow and they simply took their sweet time.

I was finally served at 5pm, after the bank closed. And finally got my account closed and savings all returned dully to me. I wonder wad happens if DBS closes down? I think the whole Singapore would be queueing up behind DBS's close doors. =X

I took freaking 1 hr 45 mins to close my account.

DBS - Dumb Bank Stupid
Had a bad experience too with the bank in 2007. My friend transferred money to me wrongly and we called the bank up, the staff only to say "TOO BAD, unless the person who receives the extra money approve on returning back the excess."

Better banks with better interests and privileges
TX Account by UOB, No minimum balance, having 0.25% interest per annum. Currently offering 0.8% interest if you can put $3,000 and above inside. $6 weekday movie, $8 weekend movie at The Cathay. Earn UNI$ when you swipe your VISA Card.


Fairprice Plus Account by OCBC, No minimum balance, having 1% interest per annum. Earn linkpoints while you shop at NTUC or swipe your VISA Card. $7 weekday movie, $8 weekend movie at GV Cinema. Priority queue at GV cos its a PLATINUM CARD.