WELCOME!

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

First day back in school



It's my first day back in school today! Haha... Saw the guys and the girls back in school!

First lecture. A big scare. 12pm - 630pm. Lucky the lecturer say there is a mistake in the timetable. Lesson ends at 530pm! Hurray....

LOL... Had a 1 hr break in between. Funny thing is, the 1 hour break ended so fast like a 15 min break. Urmz... I hope this sem will be a good one. Hope the assignments wont freak me out! Next week I shall know the outcome! Haha...

Would like to ask you all a big question. What would you do if you have the last $1000 in your hands? For me, surprisingly I went to buy Aussie Dollars! LOL... Went to buy the Aussie Dollars on Sunday.



I only realised I squandered my last $1050 (AUD $1000) when I check my account balance and realise I have $13 left in my account!!! OMG! I have Singapore $13 now. OMG!!!!

What am I gonna to do!!!! Thankfully dad's giving me an allowance of $90 per week from this year. Up $10 from $80 per week. But then...

Do you think I can survive on the balance $13. I wonder... Means no overspending and whatever nonsense liao.

Seriously I am doomed. What if the Aussie Dollar drops! I am going to die. I will have to hold this spare money until it goes back to the original value.

This is how the money has been going these few days. So far so good.

AUD $1000 = SIN $1050 (Changed with money changer on Sunday) (04/01/09)
Actual rate on that day was AUD $1000 = SIN $1037

Sunday: AUD $1000 = SIN $1037
Monday: AUD $1000 = SIN $1045
Tuesday: AUD $1000 = SIN $1057
Wednesday: AUD $1000 = SIN $1061
Thursday: AUD $1000 = SIN $1050



Currently the going is good. The Aussie Dollar is going up. Or rather our money is dropping. Intending to sell it when it reaches AUD$1000 = SIN $1300. =) Willing to exchange it back at $1200 though. =) Except for today. Oh no.


Anyways, went out with Weida yesterday! We went to Miramar Hotel for our $12.80++ $16.85 nett) buffet for dim sum lunch. Dim sum lunch as usual up to standard.

Nice mango pudding and dim sum. I seriously liked the mango pudding a lot! I always take 3 to eat! LOL.. My best record was 7 though. I wonder how I eat it back then.

Yesterday was quite lousy. Didnt eat much dim sum too. Must be getting too old liao.

Their century porridge up to standard. Char Siew Bao was nice. =) The rest were OK and good to go at an affordable price. You can eat all you want. =)

It's at Havelock Road. Good thing is they offer free water and not like some that don't. =) PLUS PLUS!

3 types of dessert, Gui Ling Gao and Papaya Sago Dessert.
Shall visit it in 6 mths to a year's time? Haha....

Ambience wise good. Cos its a weekday and they have so many tables. Pretty quiet and spacious seats. Weekend wise not rowdy although a lot of people visit and you may have to book in advance.

www.orientocean.com.sg
Weekday: Est at $17
Weekend: Est at $20

Getting There:
Take 123 from Orchard Emerald OR Lucky Plaza Bus Stop
Alight @ Miramar Hotel
3rd Floor, Orient Ocean Restaurant




We went to watch Bedtime Stories after that. Quite a funny show. Laughed throughout. Had an entertaining 1.5 hours. Pretty worth it. Funny most of the time! =) Give it 8 stars out of 10. =)

Ciao Ciao.