WELCOME!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 3: Yangshuo




Walked around Guilin City the next day... Their gardens... then headed down to Silk Speciality Shop.. as usual... pull you to buy silk... and it doesnt come cheap....













Headed down to Yangshuo at night.. Visited their Western Street... its like Chinatown in Ang moh country... since china.. so ang moh town lor... haha...

The street is slightly safer owing to the fact that they have 3 police cars stationed on the streets.. waiting to make arrest anytime...




Then watched Ying Xiang Liu Shan Jie at night.. at Yangshuo... directed by lee an... but not too impressive... a long break in between the live show of 500 performers... a sudden stop.. usually china live big shows... are continuous without stoppings....



In China: Buying Silk Products (How To Avoid)

Costs: RMB1,500 - RMB3,000 (SGD $300-600)

TIP 1: SAY I GOT NO MONEY.. COS CHINESE LIKE MIAN ZI.. DUN LIKE SAY SUCH THINGS... YOU DARE SAY, YOU WIN!
TIP 2: SAY YOU ALWAYS SLEEP NAKED... TOO HOT...
TIP 3: ALLERGIC TO SILK
TIP 4: WHERE's THE TOILET AND HIDE INSIDE
TIP 5: Last month I went Yunnan buy a lot liao..... nobody wan.. throw at home... never use....

My parents use Tip 4 and Tip 5.



PICKPOCKETS RAMPANT IN YANGSHUO. The hotel was filled with syndicates all over the door the moment you exit from the hotel... scotters filled with thugs all over the street.. waiting for you to walk alone with a handbag... wanna try getting rob? Heres an experience..... Drop your wallet and your wallet will be snatched within 5 seconds... In China, everything is about being faster, better and cheaper! =)

TIP 1: Always assume you yourself are a thief. How are you going to steal others. Applies to yourself. Check.. Am I flaunting my wealth too much? Are my pockets properly zipped? Are you my pockets deep enough? Am I walking around with my camera swinging along my hands?