WELCOME!

Thursday, August 23, 2007

STOMP

Ai Qing Yogurt by Lin Jun Jie

Was reading stomp posts. Came across this article. A woman was complaining about She encountered this ‘un-gentlemanly’ man on the MRT train bound for Jurong West on 2 July 2007.

Ms Kn recounts her unpleasant experience to STOMP:

“The man was sitting at the left most seat, while his girlfriend was standing beside him, and they were talking along the way.

I was standing in front of the seat next to him.

Then, the person sitting beside him alighted. The man was well aware that I was preparing to take the seat as I had stepped forward, but he simply slid over and took the seat so his girlfriend could have his own seat.

He then gave me this embarrassed look, as if trying to explain that he wanted to let his girlfriend sit down.

He did not let me have the seat even though I am a girl, and I was wearing three-inch heels at that time.

But what I found to be really rude was his ‘sliding action’ to snatch the seat from me, and the fact that he was letting his girlfriend stand while he was sitting in the first place!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't you find the case weird?? The man of course gives the seat to his girlfriend and not the stranger!

Worst still, the stranger highlighted that the man did not give up the seat to her despite her wearing three inches heels at the time. Which is like what the heck! Does wearing three inches heels give you the privilege of getting a seat? What about her giving up seat to a soldier wearing 2 inches boots when she wears slippers the next time round?

Can I mention that I am too fat and has to sit down? If not I couldnt balance my tummy?

As for her mentioning that the man did not let her girlfriend sit initially, i have my reservations:
- The girlfriend was too full to sit down after her lunch and didnt want to sit to prevent a tummy from coming up.
- The girlfriend is alighting earlier than the guy.
- The boyfriend is sick, perhaps having a fever.
- The boyfriend has sustained leg injuries and is in the process of recovering
- The boyfriend is tired after work.
- The boyfriend has initially boarded the train first. Of course he is sitting down!!!!


Anyway, good news! NTUC is having a 98% Discount for those who can read Chinese!
Lol... wad a horrible mistake they made in the store's promotion posters!